Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
CuteDragon79 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Learning Process Part 3

After 3 months of chatting with more than 40 gals, I got to know “T”, a barber age 21 from Dong Thap. She is 19 years younger than me. Everything went well that we were already discussing about marriage 2 weeks after chatting with each other. She accepts me for whom I am. For “T”, she wants someone whom really loves her wholeheartedly, can care for her and care for her mother too. She does have a couple of requests for whom she is looking for though: Able to send money (about 5 million) to support her mother monthly and in the longer-term, build a new house (about 300 million) for her mother. She had been living a life with her mother (两个人相依为命) and therefore she is concerned about her mother’s well-being. To me, I can understand and accept these terms.

In July 2019, about 4 weeks of knowing each other, I flew to HCM on my third trip to Vietnam to meet “T”. Both “T” and her mother came to pick me up at the airport. “Dang!” I got tricked by “T” the moment I saw her!! She told me she was 166cm tall while I am 163cm tall and she can accept me for being shorter than her!!! But it turns out she is at most 160cm tall. I went to see her with the mindset that she is taller than me!!!! Oh well, it’s ok. The journey in the 7-seater car is about more than 4 hours to Dong Thap with the travelling speed probably 40-60km/h.

After reaching her house, I noticed it is made with wooden material with zinc roof and thankfully still have floor tiles. I gave “T” a red packet as a token and bought a used iphone7 (in SG) as a gift to her. I also gave her mother a red packet as a token and 12 bottles of Eagle Oil. They brought me to go check-in at the hotel which I booked at Long Xuyen, probably more than 30km away from their house. After checking-in into the hotel, we went to Vincom Shopping Center as I wanted to show my sincerity of my visit by buying a proposal/wedding ring. We both liked a diamond ring which cost about SGD$1,000 and gotten it.

2 days later, I went to her house for a “formal” meal with her relatives around. It was there, where I proposed marriage to her in front of her mother and relatives by using “SayHi” app. She agreed to my proposal of marriage happily and feeling a little shy. What I noticed was most males would be dining at the table while the females would be dining on the floor in the kitchen.

To be continued…..