View Single Post
Old 20-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 24140 / Power: 18
ejectjoy has a reputation beyond reputeejectjoy has a reputation beyond reputeejectjoy has a reputation beyond reputeejectjoy has a reputation beyond reputeejectjoy has a reputation beyond reputeejectjoy has a reputation beyond reputeejectjoy has a reputation beyond reputeejectjoy has a reputation beyond reputeejectjoy has a reputation beyond reputeejectjoy has a reputation beyond reputeejectjoy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Community Rating of cat $150 WLs (社群点评)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzeGod View Post
Sex for money isn’t as frowned upon as it was 20-30 years ago.

There are more and more girls selling themselves online.

The biggest threat to geylang’s existence, just like how blogshops are putting brick and mortar stores out of business, are online FLs.

If the government wants to help preserve geylang, they would need to form a special committee which includes all okt, helpers, and maybe some regular customer of geylang who do not mind giving their suggestions.

One thing I can think of is find some way to improve traffic flow to geylang itself.

Maybe open some famous food stalls nearby, have some interesting flea markets, etc.

And other entertainment options like online gaming, entertainment arcades nearby?

Turn it into a mini Las Vegas?

That is IF authorities want to preserve geylang in the first place.

They may not wish to do so, but I feel they really should due to the social problems that will happen without such an outlet.

At the sane time, crackdown on online or illegal pimps faster, so the legal business in geylang gets a boost.

These are my random thoughts. Now school holidays so a bit more free to contribute some tcss ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by baotohk View Post
Regulated does not equate to supportive. GL is there for historical reason and i doubt there will be much innovation for it.

Plus i doubt singapore wants to have the reputation for sex trades and my opinion is our society is still very conservative as a whole
Keeping legal sex scene to a single area will be easier for the authorities to manage. I doubt they will ever wanna close it down. Even thu there are many residential buildings sprouting in the legal sex scene vicinity, I believe they will want to preserve the place. As to online FLs emerging to compete with the legal scene, the competition forces hard thinking, consolidation and innovation on the part of the legal operators. The authorities will not allow the illegal online FLs to flourish to the extent of disturbing the social peace of the residential areas. Hence the periodic raids, repatriation of FLs and clampdowns of websites are good. Online FLs will never be allowed to grow to too large a number. The recent clampdown of sg wolves was necessary as it is seen to disturb the social peace of the community (by its appearance in the sgtalk forum).