View Single Post
Old 25-08-2021, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all
Re: Circumcision: my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic8 View Post
Thanks Dr Tan. Very clear explanation.

One of my buddy perform shangring few weeks ago, going to 5th week now. He mentioned his wound is not yelowwish color and keep wet on it. He quite often个go toilet to dry it with tissue paper, he told me that if not do that then it will stock to the underwear and later will be very pain when I slightly dry
Is that normal the wound keep wet and let him dry it by tissue every few hours? That is the process?
The wound really should not be so wet at 5 weeks.

This is not normal and can be due to a few reasons:
1. Factors delaying wound healing - example Diabetes, skin issues like eczema or dry skin, nutritional deficiencies etc
2. Wound infection
3. Wound dehiscence - this is when the wound re-opens again after the SR has been removed. This is most commonly caused by a strong erection

Your friend should go back to his Doctor for a check up

If he does not wish to, tell him to do this:
Go to a pharmacy and buy gauze, iodine and Tegaderm
Use the gauze to gently pat on iodine to the wound. Allow the iodine to dry. Then apply the Tegaderm (looks like sticky Glad Wrap) directly onto the wound. Leave the Tegaderm on for 2 days then repeat the process.
He should see new skin growing over the wound within 2 weeks.