The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 16-08-2004, 03:19 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 78 / Power: 21
thecas deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about HIV

Bro perry, + yr pts when I can.

But if the rapid test is +ve, for the second test how much blood will they draw? Got girl here whose afraid of needles.

Also..like..why can't they sell the equipment for the first test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymason32
IF YOU DO THE TEST ADMINISTERED BY THE AFA:-

1) If tested positive, they will draw a test sample to do another confirmatory test. Then they will ask the person who tested positive for ELISA Gen3 test (the rapid version of which is the one the AFA does on that day) to come back in one week's time to get the results for it. Only the number of the receipt is kept for collection and verification purposes. No name, IC no. etc.

If the confirmatory test comes back and the person is +ve, then the AFA counselor will give advice--have to seek treatment etc.

2) + 3) Then the +ve result is entered into database (maybe not even a computer, but a notebook, dunno) as one +ve result. So that when time comes for collation of data--they will give the figures to MOH. So whoever is tested and confirmed +ve, is just a statistic, or rather an overall statistic for the period/year.

Of course, if a person goes to the DSC Clinic and has the test done by DSC Clinic's doctors, or has it done at any GP or doctor in Singapore--then if that person is tested +ve, then all these doctors are required by law to inform the MOH, with the person's identity and all. And the person that is +ve is required by law to tell--in that, if that person has sex with another person without telling that other person that he/she is +ve, then that person is chargeable by law in a Singapore court.

PPle + ed :gottasexu , Camelot, kkspore, roflmaoxz, alf_9, goodpartn, BustLover, ChokDeeDee, m0n3ym1nd, raverboy,odsendSYT
Old 16-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 91 / Power: 22
perrymason32 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Thanks bros for the kind words. I do what I can, especially for those who went through, or are going through what I went through not too long ago. I know exactly what invades your mind when something like non-specific symptoms hit you, sui sui during the 2 to 3-week period after doing it with a hooker or worse, an FL. Suddenly simple skin problems, ulcers in the mouth, or slight fever assume monumental importance--because it could be the one! Then when in the midst of the symptoms, you go through the Web (thebody.com and other websites...) and your drug-addled mind kena attacked by negative thoughts and panic sets in...

It's horrible. So terrifying in fact that you would stop cheonging for a long time.

Anyway, thanks bros. Next time if you got contact for Jap or Ah Lian FL, pass to me, can?

OK, OK...Just kidding. But who knows. When the wallet is full again, courage and self-confidence is back to normal, my phone is going to be busy...heh heh heh...
Old 16-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Samster

Good point bro bongster. I know, which is why I'm considering doing the other work for them. Aside from administering the test at Anonymous Testing, there's still counselling, and definitely got fundraising activities etc.

As for donations: yup, they need all the funding they can get. One way is to direct all your HIV testing to AfA's Anonymous Testing.

I'm not being flippant or joking here.

I don't know how much the test kit costs them, but have been told that it certainly doesn't cost them $20 each--so in a way, you'll be subsidising their kits. For people who are being tested, they get a test with absolute anonymity, at only $20.

So it's a win-win for the AfA and the person being tested--as far as the $ money goes with each test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongster
Bro... even working wif AFA does not mean being just a counsellor, there are many other things that is offered... I do think those guys there deserve a donation for their selfless work!!
Old 16-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Samster

hi bro thecas:

Aiyah, points are nice. But if you got contact for a Jap who looks like Bunko Kanazawa or an Ah Lian who looks like Jeanette Aw, pass me, can?

Seriously, though. The first test is the ELISA. Because it is the rapid test kit used, it just means a drop of blood. The second test is the Western Blot (sorry, I didn't mention that earlier), which is not a rapid test, is a more sensitive test, and they need to draw a blood sample to send to a lab to run the test. As for sample size--I'm afraid, yes, they need to draw blood with a need--it's about as much as, say, when you go for other kinds of blood tests. About a vial, I think.

But don't jump the gun here with the girl. Take the rapid test first and only worry about the Western Blot when there's reason too. The reason for the Western Blot is confirmation of the ELISA test's result. The ELISA test is more likely to produce false positives (and just about never false negatives--so don't take a Western Blot after an ELISA -ve). Of course, these statements hold as long as the full Window period is observed (6 months).

In any case, if suay suay someone kena +ve on the ELISA, I don't think the size of the needle or how much blood is being drawn will the first thing on his/her mind. Whichever it is, worry only about getting the girl to do the ELISA first.

As for selling the rapid test kit. You mean the AfA? They can't do that. The healthcare providers in Singapore don't do that. Even the DSC Clinic doesn't do that.

But I do recall someone with a thread somewhere in this forum who said he had a lobang for buying/selling/distributing the rapid test kit here. I can't remember if it's like the Orasure kind (that tests scrapings or saliva from the mouth/tongue) or blood-based on like the one AfA uses. Maybe some other bros remember and can dig up the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecas

But if the rapid test is +ve, for the second test how much blood will they draw? Got girl here whose afraid of needles.

Old 16-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1310 / Power: 22
MitMit has much to be proud ofMitMit has much to be proud ofMitMit has much to be proud ofMitMit has much to be proud ofMitMit has much to be proud ofMitMit has much to be proud ofMitMit has much to be proud ofMitMit has much to be proud ofMitMit has much to be proud ofMitMit has much to be proud of

I like to add one important point here regardring about Doc reporting to MOH if one tested +ve. Even if u got tested +ve in AFA, your identities might be withheld. But you will not be able to be given treatment unless ur identities are reported. Hence its a clever collabration between MoH and AFA. W/o Afa many may not dare to get tested. And if tested +ve u have no choice but to seek treatment.
Old 16-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Samster

Hi bro MitMit:

(Yes, I'm still fighting the urge welling up in my didi to go get some FL action...But so far so good! My big head is keeping my smaller head under control...)

Anyway: Agreed. But there is a way around that, though not necessarily for everyone. (I won't mention if the AfA advocates this or is against it, so we'll just have to read between the lines...)

There's quite a trend among the HIV+ folks in Singapore who can afford it, to go overseas to get treated. Their closest, and preferred destination is Thailand. Preferred due to not just how close it is, but because the Thai government has been more aggressive in tackling the AIDS pandemic than other governments round the world--and this has meant a lot of good things done.

For one: Thailand has the only government-backed retroviral drug cocktail production, not sure if in the world, but certainly in Asia. Being generic (that is, unbranded) the drugs are sold quite cheap there (relative to prices elsewhere in the world, and certainly compared to prices in Singapore). So Singaporean HIV+ folks actually save money on drugs when seeking treatment over there.

Ironically: you have to have $ to make regular trips to Thailand for treatment, in order to get savings from treatment over the years. The poor, and the 9 to 5 office workers will have to have their savings depleted and even lose their livelihoods due to prejudice in the workplace after being exposed as being HIV+--will just have to suffer even worse, sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitMit
I like to add one important point here regardring about Doc reporting to MOH if one tested +ve. Even if u got tested +ve in AFA, your identities might be withheld. But you will not be able to be given treatment unless ur identities are reported. Hence its a clever collabration between MoH and AFA. W/o Afa many may not dare to get tested. And if tested +ve u have no choice but to seek treatment.
Old 16-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Samster

Yippy,+ the pts alreadi.

I visit cat tom yam only, so know know FL.

But a small bit of more info, if the ELISA test is +ve, for the WESTERN BLOT test do u need to come up wif more $ ?

PPle + ed :gottasexu , Camelot, kkspore, roflmaoxz, alf_9, goodpartn, BustLover, ChokDeeDee, m0n3ym1nd, raverboy,odsendSYT
Old 16-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Samster

Hi bro thecas:

Thanks for the rep points but I'm not out for the points lah as much as... (More impt are the Japs who look like Bunko Kanazawa or Lians who look like Jeanette Aw!!!...hah hah hah <HINT, HINT>!!!)

OK, seriously lah. Anyway, most of the counselors will be happy that you only go to the 'licensed' GL hookers. Not the FLs.

As for having to pay for the Western Blot or not, I must admit I don't know for sure. Sorry about that. But I suspect that you may have to pay for it, especially since they have to send it off to a lab and back. Honestly, when the spectre of a life-threatening (and life-ruining in a place like Singapore) disease looms like that, I doubt Singapore $20 or even $50 will be the first thing on the mind at the moment it is announced a Western Blot confirmatory test is required. Know what I mean?
Old 16-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 111 / Power: 23
mustachio deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guymustachio deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:

How do I + points? I'd like to plus as much as i can for perry!
Old 16-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustachio
How do I + points? I'd like to plus as much as i can for perry!
click on the balance scale at the top right.

To bro perry,

IC.. just wanted to c how much money to bring there

Old 16-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1295 / Power: 21
bongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud of

Quote:
click on the balance scale at the top right.

To bro perry,

Bro... rep points are not important to all of us.. most impt is to spread the message against the fight against this deadly virus... remember WEAR CONDOM HOR... :P

Be Responsible do a test:
DSC Clinic 62540212
Blk 31, #02-16 Kelantan Lane
Sat fr 1.30 to 3.30 pm, Tue and Wed fr 6.30 to 8pm.
Old 17-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Samster

hi bro mustachio:

thanks for the points and thanks for wanting to add some more points. but it's OK lah. no need. and besides, you have to spread the love around the forum before you can add more points to the same member again. from what I understand (I don't know the specific number so...) it would be about a lot of people or about a year or so till you can give points to the same person again.

what you can do is instead is help the bros who are going through what we went through along the way lor. BTW: I know you know more than I do. And that includes first-hand experience and knowledge of the psychological horrors brought out by the existence of such an evil virus as HIV I/II. So terrifying that it even scares to bits those who are not infected, or not even remotely going to kena.

spread the word, bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustachio
...I'd like to plus as much as i can for perry!
Old 17-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Samster

Oh, that's why. I don't think it would be more than $20. I think if bring $50 total on that day should more than cover all expenses.

I'm sure if someone needs to take the second test, they'll be given money to cover it, if not from the AfA cashbox, then maybe the counselor will loan from his own pocket. Don't forget, have to come back for the second test results--so the person coming for the results can pay them back then.

Anyway, they're not heartless people lah. They'll find a way or even give the test for free. I shall ask them when I get the chance. But you ah, don't think about things like that lah. Get through the ELISA and you won't need a Western Blot.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Samster

Bringing this thread up too..should not be lost too..or shld b a sticky..

Old 18-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 358 / Power: 21
collin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettercollin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettercollin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettercollin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Less than 30 bucks for simple tests. If go for urine smear etc + check for others may cost more. Just bring more money just in case. If 1st time bring not enough money, do not need to worry cause can always go another day. Maybe can ask the counter 1st for the cost.

Advice to people who r unclear as to whether they r suffering from anything to seek help asap. The process is actually quite simple and hassle free. Also, the people at DSC will not discriminate u at all unlike other places.

Do pluck up the courage to go in directly into the clinic. I have seen many guys pondering outside the clinic looking here and there, open the door but eventually still dare not go in for the check. Just want tot say there is nothing any different inside the clinic just like any polyclinic. Moreover, it is air-conditioned inside unlike the outside where it is heaty. If u have the intention to go in, just do it.

Cheers

ps: I was once like those guys pondering outside the DSC clinic, 'gey gey' open door see inside than walk away but I was glad I chose to go in for my checkup on that day. Thank god for giving me the courage and I hope that more people will pluck up the courage to care for themselves.

Early detection means early treatment. The end result is much of a mental than a physical. Trust me, think for your family and your loved ones. I in no postion to lecture anyone cause I did call prostitutes b4. Just here to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymason32
Oh, that's why. I don't think it would be more than $20. I think if bring $50 total on that day should more than cover all expenses.

I'm sure if someone needs to take the second test, they'll be given money to cover it, if not from the AfA cashbox, then maybe the counselor will loan from his own pocket. Don't forget, have to come back for the second test results--so the person coming for the results can pay them back then.

Anyway, they're not heartless people lah. They'll find a way or even give the test for free. I shall ask them when I get the chance. But you ah, don't think about things like that lah. Get through the ELISA and you won't need a Western Blot.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1