The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 11-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 119 / Power: 0
FL Lover deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyFL Lover deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Common QNS on Early HIV Symptoms or ARS

To all bros out there who are just like me looking for signs of early HIV symptoms during the window period, I have compiled a list of qns that are frequently asked by many out there.

1) What is ARS

ARS is commonly known as Acute Retroviral Syndrome and to some, it is known as Primary HIV Infection. This stage of infection lasts for a few weeks and is often accompanied by a short flu-like illness. In up to about 20% of people the symptoms are serious enough to consult a doctor, but the diagnosis of HIV infection is frequently missed.

During this stage there is a large amount of HIV in the peripheral blood and the immune system begins to respond to the virus by producing HIV antibodies and cytotoxic lymphocytes. This process is known as seroconversion. If an HIV antibody test is done before seroconversion is complete then it may not be positive

2) What is my risk then?

To determine the risk of getting HIV which might or might not experience ARS.
I have catagorized the risks into the followings:

No risk: To our knowledge, none of the practices in this group has ever led to HIV infection. There is no potential for transmission since none of the basic conditions for infection are present.

No real risk: The practices in this category present a potential for HIV transmission because they involve an exchange of body fluids (such as semen, vaginal fluid or blood). However, the possibility of HIV transmission appears to be unlikely. There are no confirmed reports of infection from these activities.

Low risk: The practices in this category present a potential for HIV transmission. There are also a few reports of infection attributed to these activities.

High risk: Practices in this category present a potential for HIV transmission and there are a significant number of scientific studies that associate these activities with HIV transmission.

These ratings ONLY apply to the level of risk associated with the transmission of HIV.

Kissing
(sucking face, necking, smooching)
Dry Kissing no exchange of saliva - No risk
Wet Kissing saliva exchanged - No real risk

BBBJ(giving/getting head, head job, blow job, sucking off, blowing, face-fucking, going down)
Receiving - No real risk
Giving - Low risk

Cunnilingus
(eating out, diving, going down, licking pussy)
Receiving - No real risk
Giving - Low risk

Anilingus
(rimming, licking/eating ass, eating out)
Receiving - Low risk
Giving - No real risk

Vaginal Intercourse
(fucking, screwing, making love, getting/being laid)
With a condom - Low risk
Without a condom - High risk

Anal Intercourse
(butt fucking, screwing, making love, getting/being laid)
With a condom - Low risk
Without a condom - High risk

3) If I had used a condom, am I safe?

Condoms Are Highly Effective in Preventing HIV Infection.
HIV cannot pass through a condom -- nothing can. The reason why condoms are said to be less than 100% effective has more to do with improper/incorrect use.

If a condom is not used correctly (stored properly, put on properly, replaced at certain intervals for longer sessions, and removed properly they can fail (break/not work).

If a condom is used for EVERY sex act, and used properly, they can be very close to 100% effective without any breakage or proper handlings. Now, a condom can only protect the area that it covers, so if a person has genital herpes or HPV in an area not covered by the condom than these can still be passed on.

4) What are the symptoms of ARS?

This strikes you as a flu-like sickness usually about 2 to 4 weeks following initial infection. The symptoms usually last 3 to 14 days and go away on their own, just like the flu. It is estimated 50% to 90% of persons infected will get this syndrome. The most common symptoms are fever (fever means 100˚F or higher), sore throat, swollen glands in the neck, armpits and groin, muscle and joint pains, rash and/or night sweats. Less common symptoms include weight loss (10 to 15 pounds), diarrhea, nausea, headache, and, very rarely, yeast infections of the mouth (thrush). Respiratory things like runny nose, sinus infection, coughing, sneezing, etc. are not generally considered symptoms of this syndrome.

The symptoms do not generally last longer than 14 days and will rarely occur 6 or more weeks after exposure. The symptoms may range from mild to severe, but mild symptoms will typically last a shorter period of time than severe ones, and the symptoms that are going to occur usually do so all at once. After this period, you most likely will not get another HIV-related illness for 10 or more years; however, there have been rare cases where the person went directly into AIDS following ARS.

5) If I do not have any symptoms after my high risk sex activity, am I safe from HIV infections?

As stated, abt 50% to 90% of people who are infected experienced ARS. However, there are cases whereby a HIV positive indidviual got infected without experiencing ARS. If you have engaged in a high sex risk, do go for regular checkup whether you have ARS or not.

6) What if I have all the ARS symptoms, does it mean I have HIV?

All of these symptoms may be caused by other factors, including the flu or stress. You cannot diagnose HIV based on symptoms, only by testing; however, if you experience these symptoms after a high-risk encounter, you may want to see your doctor.

7) Can I infected my partners during ARS?

You are extremely infectious during this period, so if you fear you may have ARS, be extra careful with safer sex and sharing needles as the virus count is the highest at this point. A person will likely to be infect if he/she had sex at this point.

8) Does ARS symptoms come all at once or on and off?

Symptoms varies on individuals. However, if there is a ARS symptom, the person will experience a flu like illness which is commonly followed by FEVER and the rest of the symptoms. An ARS symptoms will be a full course menu, all come at one go rather than a on and off kind of thing.

9) Running nose, cough or other sinus infections part of ARS symptoms?

Don’t get scared if you get respiratory symptoms like coughing, sneezing, runny nose, or sinus infection, these are not ARS symptoms but fever, sore throat, swollen glands, night sweats, muscle pain, etc…..are. Have you been experiencing any of these?

10) Lastly, one of the symptoms of ARS is FEVER, what is the average temperature for ARS fever?

A typical ARS fever will last at least a week to two weeks. The temperature of ARS fever is usually high at least > 100˚F or higher. However, I have said earlier, symptoms and durations varies accordingly. Do not think that if you do not have symptoms, you are safe. Bad mistake.

Most important, DO NOT PANIC if you have symptoms. As I have said before, many viruses could have caused the same symptoms. THE ONLY WAY TO FINd OUT IS TO DO A HIV TEST.

Take note: All the findings that I have mentioned are from external web sources. The findings might be of help to some of you and it is only for your own references.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
peterpan_24 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Common QNS on Early HIV Symptoms or ARS

Bro, veri kind of u to complie the list of faq into a post... think will be veri helpful to many bros here who wan to knw more abt HIV... too bad no pts cant up u but a veri good job on ur part with regard to spreading the education of HIV....
Old 11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Samster

FL Lover deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyFL Lover deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan_24 View Post
Bro, veri kind of u to complie the list of faq into a post... think will be veri helpful to many bros here who wan to knw more abt HIV... too bad no pts cant up u but a veri good job on ur part with regard to spreading the education of HIV....
No Problem, Bro. Just helping to spread the mesage across that HIV is VERY REAL. Even if you are "suay suay" infected, pls do not spread the disease aound to your family.

Protect yor family. Dont make them suffer. That's y early detection is important. I have gone through that period... lucky, I am tested negative.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Samster

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 27 / Power: 0
wtfuad deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

wa. the "50% - 90%" will experience ARS. what a huge range! i getting no comfort from it man.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfuad View Post
wa. the "50% - 90%" will experience ARS. what a huge range! i getting no comfort from it man.
Hahaha... That is what it was claimed, most pple who are infected with HIV does experience some kind of symptoms. But those symptoms might varies accordingly. Might be mild or servere enough for you to go to hospital....

Also there are some who will not experience ARS AT ALL....

What I am trying to do over here is to correct some of the thinkings that some bros might have on HIV Infections because most of the time, many of us will think that if I dont have any symptoms at all, I am VERY SAFE.

We always forget that there is still another percentage without any sypmtoms at all... my friend. So play SAFE and go for regular checkups
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1